Sunday 24 March 2013

Web interface fun

After a good look at what web frameworks were available for python I came to the conclusion that cherrypy was the est option for what I wanted. Its small and lightweight and easy to work with and doesn't seam to mind too much about the parallel process required to keep the machine well looked after. To generate the pages, I started with Mako but I didn't like the fact that when variable it was expecting wasn't passed to it it would throw an error. Therefore I moved to Jinja2. Much better.

So far  have the basics covered; connecting and disconnecting and initializing the machine, uploading and selecting files and choosing which one to load as well as a simple self updating page that sits in an iframe tag that shows the position of the machine.

So we are getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment